Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning, one of Central Florida’s leading AC companies, can usually repair an air conditioning system to help extend its life, however, there may come a time when you need to replace it in order to avoid spending more money on repairs from year to year. When that time arrives, trust the pros at Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning to provide you with the options for a new system that consider factors such as costs, energy efficiency and the size, shape, and orientation of your home.
Having worked on and installed many different brands of equipment in over a decade of HVAC service and repair, Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning has chosen to partner with Bryant as an authorized dealer. Bryant equipment stands out as one of the best in the industry due to its unparalleled performance in terms of reliability, energy efficiency, and comfort. While Scott’s Air can install any brand, they recommend Bryant.
So, how do you know when it’s time to replace your air conditioner? Scott’s Air offers these five signs that are good indicators:
- Air conditioner is more than 10 years old — In general, you can expect a well-maintained air conditioner to last about 15 years. However, if you’re in need of expensive repairs and your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it will often make more sense to replace it.
- Inefficient AC — If your air conditioner has a low SEER rating, it can cost you a lot of money to operate it. Currently, new air conditioners must have a SEER rating of at least 13, so if your AC’s SEER rating is below 13, you can cut back on your energy costs by replacing it with a new, more efficient unit.
- You’re facing costly repairs — Any time you’re facing an expensive repair, you’ll want to weigh the costs of the repair against the costs of a new unit. If the cost of the repair would cover a large part of a new system, and especially if your air conditioner is getting old, it will likely make more financial sense to replace it.
- Frequent AC breakdowns — Does it seem like your air conditioner is constantly breaking down? Are you calling a repairman every month because of a new problem with your unit? These repair costs can really add up, and it doesn’t make sense to keep making them on older units. Save yourself the headaches and the money by investing in a new unit.
- Your AC doesn’t keep the home comfortable — Do you have a hard time keeping your home cool? This could be the sign of an aging air conditioner or even an incorrectly sized system. Regardless of the cause, you want your air conditioner to do its job! If it’s not going to keep your home cool, which is critical in Florida, you’ll want to replace it with a more effective unit.
“If you have any questions about when to replace your air conditioner, or if you’d like your AC system serviced or a new one installed in your home, contact us,” said Scott, owner and founder of Scott’s Air. “Plus right now, Bryant has some really good deals, with rebates.”
When you buy a new system from Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning, you get an experienced Bryant Factory Authorized dealer, dependable products and a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee. When you purchase a qualifying Bryant product or system, you can receive a rebate of up to $675, which includes the energy-saving Evolution® Extreme variable speed system with the Evolution Control.
By ScottsAir |
Posted in Air Conditioning
Tags: air conditioner, hvac system, hvac upgrade