It’s hot! I called Scott! Now what?
To get the most out of your visit with your Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning technician, take a moment to make sure you’re prepared.
- Know where all of the heating and cooling units are in your home.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
- Be ready to explain clearly what problems you’ve had.
- Know when your problems began.
- Make sure the system is accessible by the technician, including units in crawl spaces or attics.
- Lock pets in a separate room.
- Make sure an adult (18 years or older) is home to let your technician in.
- Be prepared to answer the phone. We generally call when we’re on the way to your home.
- If you rent your home, make sure you have permission to have your system serviced.
- If your heat pump is frozen, shut it off before our technician arrives so it’s thawed and ready for service.
- Have information on all prior services performed on your system readily available.
- Be prepared to make a payment to Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning.