Boost Heat Pump Performance, Home Comfort With These 5 Steps
If you did nothing else, switching from a gas furnace to a heat pump would already give a major energy efficiency boost to your home. You’d be getting three or four times the efficiency, all winter long! But if you’re really into maximizing the benefits you get from heat pumps, there are ways to boost heat pump performance even more.
Here are five ways you can get the very most out of your heat pump, year-round:
- Replace those air filters. This is the same advice whether you have a gas furnace or a heat pump. If your air filter clogs up, air can’t pass through. And when air can’t pass through, your fans work harder and burn out. While we’re happy to come out and fix those for you, we don’t want you spending money on repairs that could have been prevented!
- Treat yourself to a programmable thermostat. Many homeowners think these little devices are luxuries, but they really do help save money. Your house can automatically dial back the heating and cooling when you’re not home, and that lowers the wear and tear on your system, too.
- Trust the thermostat, whether or not it’s programmable. Turning it way up or way down doesn’t change how fast the air heats or cools. It just changes how high or low it goes. So if you turn it way up or way down, you won’t get comfortable any faster, but you may get uncomfortable and land yourself some high energy bills.
- Do a bit of interior design to keep stuff away from your vents. That lovely cool air isn’t going to do anyone any favors if it all gets stuck under a couch.
- Call us when you need help! Whether it’s maintenance or repair, an HVAC expert is always a safe bet.
If there’s anything you want to know about how to boost heat pump performance, give us a call at Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning!Tags: Central Florida, heat pump performance, heating and cooling, home comfort