How to Determine If a Whole-House Dehumidifier Could Help Your Central Florida Home
I love living in central Florida, but one of the things I don’t love is the humidity. You know, where you can walk outside and it’s like stepping into a sauna? Don’t get me wrong, saunas are fine things, but not when you can’t opt out of them! Indoor humidity is no more fun, and can actually cause a lot of health and structural damage, too. That’s why a whole-house dehumidifier can be a good investment in a climate like ours.
Whole-house dehumidifiers tie into your existing duct systems, drawing air from all your living areas and extracting excess moisture. And if you’ve ever dealt with stand-alone dehumidifiers (cleaning up from storm damage, say), don’t worry: a whole-house dehumidifier handles its own drainage, so there are no tanks to empty.
But how do you know if you need a central dehumidifier? After all, air conditioners take out a chunk of your indoor humidity on their own, and it’s not as if every single house in the Orlando area has the same humidity concerns. Here are some warning signs of high humidity that you can watch out for:
- If you can feel the humidity. That heavy, damp feeling? You don’t have to live that way!
- If there’s a moldy or musty smell inside your home, you might not just need humidity control. It may be time to look at all your indoor air quality solutions. Especially if you have anyone in your household with allergies or respiratory issues: stale air can really impact your health.
- Visible mold means it’s time for a good scrub, and some humidity control.
- Condensation on pipes, ducts, walls, or ceilings means an excess of humidity that you’ll want to get rid of.
- Water damage might indicate a damaged appliance… or it might indicate chronic humidity problems.
To get an expert, personalized opinion on whether a whole-house dehumidifier is right for you, don’t hesitate to call us up at Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning!
Image via Shutterstock.com
Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning is a full-service heating and air conditioning company and a Bryant® Factory Authorized Dealer in Central Florida. Whether you need repair, maintenance, or installation of a new heating or cooling system, we provide efficient, cost-effective, and professional service. When it’s hot, call Scott!Tags: humidity, indoor air quality, Whole-House Dehumidifier
Categorised in: Indoor Air Quality