Five Benefits of a Home Air Purifier
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Americans spend 90% of their time indoors. With recent events, I am sure that number has increased. Inside air can be significantly more polluted than outside air. With all the extra time we are spending at home, you might want to think about getting an air purification system. In this blog, we outline some of the benefits of an air purifier.
What is an Air Purifier?
An air purifier is a device that uses a system of fans to pull in your home air and clean that air by sending it through a series of filters that remove harmful pollutants. This process repeats every few hours assuring that your home air is constantly being filtered.
What are the Benefits of an Air Purifier?
Air purifiers can keep your home cleaner and fresher than ever before.
It Help Remove Sickness from the Air
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters and UV bulbs neutralize 99.97% of airborne germs. That includes particles that are coming from those in your home that have the flu or a cold. Some models have been proven to be effective against some of the most common pathogens including SARS, measles, and the avian flu.
It Makes Your Home Air Healthier
- On top of removing airborne germs, it also removes pesky allergens from the air. Air purifiers are a MUST for those with asthma, lung issues, and/or bad allergies. Even those without those ailments can develop issues over time by regularly being exposed to smoke, pet dander, and/or dust. Air purifiers reduce the effect those particles have on your lungs and body leading to much healthier home life.
- Whether you have pets, smoke, or cook a lot of foods with strong odors, air purifiers can help reduce how much those odors take over your home. Odors live in airborne particles. As the home air enters the purifier, filters trap those airborne particles producing fresh, odor-free air as it exits the device. No longer will you have the “smelly” house on the block.
A Cleaner Home
- It may seem odd that an air purifier can clean more than, well… the air. However, the air carries dust particles (mostly skins flakes) that eventually settle onto your floors. This is the dust that you typically wipe up during your regular cleaning. Air purifiers grab these particles from the air before they hit the ground, reducing how much dust accumulates around your home.
Less Strain on Your AC Unit
- By removing pollutants and dust particles from your home air, air purifiers are actually making it easier for your AC unit to do its job. AC filters are meant to also reduce contaminants from the air, but they aren’t as sophisticated (typically) as an air purifier. Air purifiers do the bulk of the work, allowing your AC unit to focus more on cooling and heating.
It’s Time to Think About an Air Purification System
To reiterate – we spend roughly 90% of our lives indoors. Breathing in dirty pollutants and contaminants every day can lead to serious health problems over time. Air purifiers can keep your home cleaner and fresher than ever before. If you are interested in buying an air purifier for your home, give us a call so we can identify the perfect system for you.
Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning is a full-service heating and air conditioning company and a Bryant® Factory Authorized Dealer in Central Florida. Whether you need repair, maintenance, or installation of a new heating or cooling system, we provide efficient, cost-effective, and professional service. When it’s hot, call Scott!Tags: ac filter, air filters, air purification, air purifier, indoor air quality