What a Florida Homeowner Can Expect From Planned HVAC Maintenance
It can be pretty terrible if your home is chilly all winter, or hot and muggy through our Orlando summers. Homes should be comfortable. That’s why so much work has gone into heating and air conditioning, all through human history. And that history of invention means that we’ve got some really great systems on the market now, but they’re not systems like a campfire that can easily be taken care of by homeowners. You know, even in the days of fireplaces and chimneys, people still hired chimney sweeps for their maintenance!
Planned HVAC maintenance lets you get HVAC professionals into your home, so that we can use our extensive knowledge to make sure your systems are working to the best of their capacity. Even though you can take care of minor maintenance tasks, such as changing air filters, here are 20 things we’ll take care of that you won’t have to learn how to do.
Planned HVAC Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect your refrigerant charge to make sure you’re not running low or experiencing overflow.
- Make sure your compressor and fan amps are working properly.
- Clean your condenser coil, and check for defects and damage.
- Inspect your capacitors.
- Verify that all contactor points are clean and properly connected.
- Brush and tidy up your electrical cabinet.
- Inspect caps and valves to make sure no leaks are present.
- Ensure that the thermostat is working properly.
- Inspect your blower amps.
- Look over circuit components and circuit safeties.
- Inspect and evaluate any buildup on the evaporator coil.
- Inspect and evaluate any buildup on the blower wheel.
- Check to see if any electrical connections are loose, or if any wires show wear and tear.
- Wash a washable filter, and change any filters you may have forgotten!
- Measure the temperature splits, or the change in temperature between air going into the system and air coming out.
- Lubricate moving parts.
- Evaluate drainage.
- Inspect the float switch.
- Clean the system.
- And, at the end of your planned maintenance, we’ll evaluate the total system performance and give you any recommendations for improvement.
To learn more about planned HVAC maintenance visits or to schedule yours, contact Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning!
Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning is a full-service heating and air conditioning company and a Bryant® Factory Authorized Dealer in Central Florida. Whether you need repair, maintenance, or installation of a new heating or cooling system, we provide efficient, cost-effective, and professional service. When it’s hot, call Scott!Tags: Central Florida, heating and cooling, HVAC maintenance, hvac service
Categorised in: Service and Maintenance