6 Tips for Keeping Pollen out of Your Central Florida Home
You know that old saying, “April showers bring May flowers?” Here in central Florida, April’s already full of flowers! And with a lot of flowers comes pollen—and everywhere. Whether your sinuses are stopping up or you just want to keep your home clean, here are several tips for keeping pollen out of the house:
- Keep your doors and windows shut. If air is coming in and it’s out of your control, odds are it’s carrying a lot of pollen with it. Talk to HVAC professionals about ventilation with air filtration so you can get fresh air without the allergens.
- If you’ve been outside in the pollen, leave your shoes in the entryway and go for a hot shower when you come home. Put all your outdoor clothes straight in the hamper or the washer.
- If you’ve got indoor/outdoor pets, make sure to give them a good grooming outside before they come in.
- Clean and vacuum regularly. When you dust, use a damp or static duster so you’re not just throwing the dust up into the air. And remember to dust those hard-to-reach locations, like the blades of ceiling fans.
- If you’ve got a bagless vacuum, empty it outside, not indoors. And purchase vacuums with HEPA filters to further protect your indoor air.
- Replace air filters in the HVAC system regularly. With all the extra pollen, they might clog up quicker, meaning reduced airflow through the air conditioner.
Keeping pollen out of the house can help you appreciate this beautiful time of year! For all of your heating, cooling and home comfort needs, contact the team at Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning!
Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning is a full-service heating and air conditioning company and a Bryant® Factory Authorized Dealer in Central Florida. Whether you need repair, maintenance, or installation of a new heating or cooling system, we provide efficient, cost-effective, and professional service. When it’s hot, call Scott!Tags: air filters, allergens, indoor air quality, orlando florida
Categorised in: Indoor Air Quality