7 Ways to Keep Heating Bills Low When Cooler Temperatures Reach Florida
You’re a Floridian, and you’re naturally warm-blooded. So when the temperature begins to dip below your natural comfort level, it’s understandable that you rush to the furnace to keep warm. But how do you stay warm while enjoying lower heating bills?
Besides trading that summer tank top for a lightweight sweater, there are seven ways that you can keep warm while keeping your focus on lower heating bills:
- Remain vigilant about preventive HVAC system checks. Whether you have a maintenance agreement or not, these tune-ups are the best investment you can make in your HVAC system. In addition to keeping your system clean and running smoothly, these checks can expose small problems so that you can address them quickly, before they have time to balloon into more costly ones.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat, which forces you to think about when your home really needs an infusion of warm air and when it doesn’t. Prime times to save money on your heating bills? During the day when no one’s home, and overnight, when a heavier blanket should suffice.
- Seal air drafts by installing weather stripping around doors and caulking around windows.
- Insulate your ceiling and attic to trap the warm air that will otherwise escape through the roof. You can also set your ceiling fans to run in a clockwise direction to circulate that warm air.
- Insulate the water heater or consider installing a tankless water heater, which will put hot water exactly where you need it most, eliminating unnecessary heating times.
- Lower your thermostat. Doing so by just one degree can lower your heating bill by 3 percent.
- Open your drapes and window shades during the day to let the natural warmth of the Florida sun heat your home.
At Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning, we know that if you’re warming up to these energy-saving ideas, you’re also well on your way to lower heating bills.
Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning is a full-service heating and air conditioning company and a Bryant® Factory Authorized Dealer in Central Florida. Whether you need repair, maintenance, or installation of a new heating or cooling system, we provide efficient, cost-effective, and professional service. When it’s hot, call Scott!Tags: energy bills, energy efficiency, energy savings, hvac system, orlando florida, thermostat
Categorised in: Energy Savings