Energy Saving Tips to Reduce Electricity Usage in Your Orlando Home
Summer is a good time to think about energy. As the Florida heat really starts pounding down on the Orlando area, your energy bills might be climbing fast! But if you’re worried what it will cost to keep yourself cool through the summer, chill out a little: here are some energy saving tips to take some of the bite out of your bills:
- If you want a hot meal, consider the microwave and not the stove. Microwaves use about a third of the power that a stovetop burns through.
- Keep your fridge stocked up. Not only will you have plenty of cold drinks (or whatever you put in there), but it costs less to keep a fridge full of food cold than a fridge full of air. (Especially since every time you open the door, a lot of the air rushes out!)
- Turn up your thermostat when you’re away. There’s no sense air conditioning an empty house, is there? If remembering to turn the thermostat up and down every time you leave and come back is a hassle, invest in a programmable thermostat.
- Along the same lines, talk to your HVAC professional about a home zoning system. If you don’t need to condition the entire house, why spend the extra money? You can just keep rooms cool while you’re in them.
- Turn off and unplug appliances when you’re not using them. When they’re plugged in, many appliances act like energy vampires, drinking their fill even when they’re “dead.”
- Get your HVAC system tuned up! If it’s operating at peak efficiency, that’ll shave off any excess in your energy bills.
We’ve got plenty of energy saving tips to share for your Central Florida home, so give us a call at Scott’s Heating & Air Conditioning to learn more!Tags: energy efficiency, Energy Saving Tips, programmable thermostat, utility bills
Categorised in: Energy Savings